It’s beginning to feel like summer out there and the brewery is running on full steam! We’re getting rave reviews from our latest beers: Gave Me Cookie Got You Cookie Oatmeal Raisin Brown Ale, Budgie Smuggler Hazy IPA, Polevik Czech Pils 11, and Erryday West Coast IPA. Check out our beer page for all the details!
Later this week, we’re releasing a Sticke Altbier for the amber ale fans. Considered a sister style to Kolsch, it uses many of the same brewing techniques like cool fermentation and a few weeks lagering except this one’s focused on malt with an auburn color. Also, we will soon be releasing the first sour produced in our brewhouse. Be on the lookout for more details on both beers coming soon!
What’s Been Going On?
- Last week, we hosted a record-breaking blood drive collecting a total of 31 units! We want to thank those of you that took time out of your busy schedules to save the lives of those in our community. YOU ROCK!!! If you missed out on this event or want to donate again, we plan to host another drive in the coming months or click here to find a donation center or event near you.
- Wake Forest FUNGO games have begun at Flaherty Park. Fans are enjoying our beer while watching the action-packed games. Check out the Fungo site for more info including the schedule and how to buy your tickets!
- It’s not everyday you hear about a dance party in a brewery…but that’s exactly what happened here. DJ Pangean, near and dear to the hearts of co-owners Harmony and Ian, rocked the house to inspire a full-on dance party! We will DEFINITELY be having him back to be sure not to miss out.
- We hosted our first wedding reception catered by our very own, Bess Sherian, and her new business venture: Grazing Delights. Support Bess and her business partner, Natalie by following @grazingdelightsbn on Instagram and be sure to keep them in mind for your next event! We are exploring private rental options for the brewery. Interested in renting out a space for your group? Whether you want to rent the entire brewery or just the sofa, outdoor fire pits, and/or picnic tables, they can all be reserved for a beverage minimum. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
What’s Coming Up
- June 10th 1:00 PM-7:00 PM – Wake Forest Guild of Artists Sip and Shop Artisan Market – The Artisans Market is a unique shopping experience featuring a variety of original items in a wide range of prices. Click here for more details.
- June 11th 10:30 AM-11:30 AM – Unita Yoga at Blackbird Brewery- Join Unita Yoga for a 1-hour flow followed by a light lunch (included) and a wide variety of cold beverages to enjoy from the menu! Space is limited; register via Eventbrite to secure your spot today!
- June 13th at 6:30 PM – Beer and Tapas Dinner at Bodega – We are so excited about this event, we dedicated an entire blog post to it just last week. Click here for all the details.
- June 18th 12:00 PM-4:00 PM Fishin’ Shrimp Father’s Day Lunch – We’re hosting a Father’s Day event for all your seafood loving dads out there. Soon, you’ll be able to pre-order your family meals to enjoy at the brewery, or take it to-go with a couple of 4-packs on your way out the door to enjoy in the comfort of your own home. We’ll have the pre-order link ready soon but in the meantime, check @FishinShrimp on Instagram!
- June 19th at 6:00 PM – Beer Class – Brewers Ian and Mikey will be sharing a bit of beer wizardry with their biggest fans. This event will be free of charge. Stay tuned for more details coming soon!
- Music Bingo every Tuesday, Wine Flights and Run Club every Wednesday and Live Music every Thursday – Check out our Events page for a full calendar of these events and more!
- July 3rd – 12PM-10PM – Independence Day Celebration – The Town of Wake Forest is putting on a fireworks show just down the street from the brewery and we will have an amazing view from the beer garden! We will be reserving ten 10×10 spots in our beer garden for you to claim your spots for the day. Bring your own table and/or chairs and enjoy coming and going as much as you please without losing your spot! Click here to reserve your spot.
Last but not least, we are offering a Father’s Day gift bundle! Between now and Father’s Day, enjoy $5 off a Blackbird Brewery hat with the purchase of any 4-pack. We’ll see you in the brewery!