Happy New Year Blackbird family! We have heard from many of you looking for low ABV and N/A options this month and moving forward. We’re dedicated to providing options for everyone! Read on to learn about Blackbird’s low ABV beers, the N/A options in our cooler, and all the events going on in January.
Blackbird Brewery’s Low ABV Beers on Tap
The following beers are currently available, but check the Beer page regularly for the latest updates. We are always working on something new! Making a drive for something particular? We do our very best to keep the beer page updated but it’s always best to call the brewery before traveling.
- Hella Pils West Coast Pilsner 4.8% – We brewed a German Pilsner, lagered it in horizontal tanks, and then warmed it back up for a dry hop addition of West Coast El Dorado, Citra cryo and Mosaic hops.
- Gorlami Italian Pilsner 5% – This beer is crafted similarly to its German brother Pilsner, but with lower IBUs. It gets its own unique aroma from a dash and a chef’s kiss of Saphir and Spalter hops added post lagering.
- Perry’s Epiphany Hefeweizen 4.8% – 50% of this classic German style wheat beer is made from wheat grown at Perry Family Farm in Rolesville four miles from the brewery and malted at Epiphany Craft Malt in Durham. Local and low ABV!
- Munich Dunkel Amber Lager 5% – Dunkels, a staple on any Bavarian beer menu, are designed to be consumed by the liter. Getting the majority of its color from higher kilned Munich-style malt, we patiently matured this single decocted brew in horizontal tanks.
- Well Fleku 2 Dark Czech Lager 5.2% – Inspired by the famous Fleků Czech lager from Prague, this dark brown lager is double decoction mashed delivering a deep maltiness balanced with copious amounts of Czech Saaz hops.
- Dragon Sour 5.2% – Pucker up with the passion of the dragon. This vibrant sour greets you with layers of tart and juicy passionfruit interlaced with hues of red from dragon fruit.
NA Options in the Cooler
We’ve done our best to compile a list of the NA options we currently have available but know that we are 100% committed to maintaining a wide variety of NA options in the taproom at all times.
- Devil’s Foot: Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade, Sparkling Cherry Limeade, Ginger Beer
- Untitled Art NA Beers: (Fruited Sour, American Gold, Citra Hazy, Italian Style Pilsner)
- White Widow NA Cider
- Various Seltzer Waters
- Various CBD Seltzer Waters
We’re working hard to bring you a steady stream of exciting events. You can count on Hammered Trivia each Monday, Music Bingo each Tuesday, Wine Flights and Run Club on Wednesdays and Live Music on Thursdays. It’s always best to check our Events page for the latest updates!
Live Music in January
- Thursday Nights: Jason Adomo 1/4, Pam Ross 1/11, Kim O’Hehir 1/18, Tony Jones 1/25, Chick & Danger 2/1
- Sunday Jazz: Michael Jones Duo 2/7
- The Blood Connection Blood Drive Tuesday, January 23rd 3:00-8:00 PM: We reached 150 donations in 2023; let’s start this year off with a bang to surpass that number in 2024! Click here to sign up to be a hero!
- Femme Fromage Charcuterie Class Sunday, January 28th 1:00-2:00 PM: Femme Fromage will walk you through the ingredients and flavor profiles of the various cheeses and additions so you can present the most beautiful board at your next party. Space is limited and the last event sold out quickly so reserve your spot today! Click here to learn more!
- 90s Trivia Night with Hammered Trivia Monday, January 29th 7:00-9:00PM: The same trivia you’ve grown to love, but this night we’ll have a 90s theme. Costumes strongly encouraged!