We’ve had a busy week at Blackbird Brewery and we have so much more coming up in the next few days! Read on to learn how we celebrated International Women’s Day, the exciting news unveiled at the Bull City Food & Drink Experience, more details about upcoming events and beer, and much more!
International Women’s Day
We celebrated International Women’s Day with our friends at Durty Bull Brewing in Durham, NC. Stay tuned for details of our upcoming collab brew, a single decoction pilsner, to raise awareness for the Pink Boots Society, formed to assist, inspire and encourage women and non-binary individuals in the fermented/alcoholic beverage industry through education.
We Won Best Brewery at the Bull City Food and Beer Experience!
We were honored to be asked to join the Bull City Food and Beer Experience on March 12th this year at the Durham Performing Arts Center. This year’s event, benefiting the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle, featured thirty Triangle-area restaurants and breweries. We were blown away when they announced we won the People’s Choice Award for the Best Brewery at the entire event!
Our restaurant partner for the event was the incredible Lula and Sadie’s. They used our West Coast IPA in their dish to present a delicious Laced BBQ Shimp on Purple Sweet Potatoes.
Sold Out Yoga Class with Unita Yoga
The Unita Yoga community, along with some new friends, enjoyed a well-earned cold beer after the one-hour yoga class Sunday, March 12th! Our next yoga event is April 16th from 10:30 AM- 11:30 AM. Click here to reserve your ticket!
Coming Up This Week!
Riwa-a-a-ka Hazy IPA Release
We are excited to release our first Hazy IPA! Your server won’t know what you’re ordering if you don’t pronounce it right. There are a few options for malt base and yeast strain in a Hazy IPA. We’re calling this base “thicc boi” for the use of oat malt and British yeast which puts it on the opaque and creamy side. We threw New Zealand Riwaka hops in this one which delivered some funky NZ terroir and lemon-lime notes. Get down with the sickness! 6.7%
Stay tuned for several other beer releases coming in the next couple of weeks including a Citra Hazy IPA, Jelly Boi Hazy IPA, and the Friendship Tunnel Hazy Pale!
St. Patrick’s Day Celebration
This Friday, March 17th, we open at 3:00 with a green Kolsch, a brand-new stout, and an Irish red ale from our friends at the Glass Jub Beer Lab. We’ll be firing up the grill around 5:00 so you can enjoy a plate of bangers, krout, potato salad, chips, and Irish soda bread for $10 (while supplies last). Each plate purchase enters you for a chance to win a Lowe’s Foods gift card! Don’t miss the live music in our beer garden!
Wake Forest Guild of Artists Sip and Shop Artisan Market
Plan to grab a pint and peruse art in our spacious beer garden from 1:00-7:00 PM this Saturday, March 18th. Keep reading for a complete list of vendors but be sure not to miss live music from Just Us 1:00-4:00 PM and free oysters (as long as they last) from Cape Fear Seafood Company at 5:00 PM!
- Christine Britt, Christine Britt Studio – Original drawings and art mostly using alcohol ink, watercolor and resin. She also creates polymer clay earrings.
- Hugh Daniel, Daniel Art and Yarn – Original paintings, handmade crochet items and music, including wildlife paintings, miniature paintings, eggshell dioramas, handmade crochet purses, crochet hats, scarves and other accessories.
- Alison Charchar, Alison Charchar Art – Alison Green Charchar uses paints, drawing materials and even sculpture to express a love of color, line and form. She also creates wire sculptures, and paintings on unconventional surfaces, such as glass frames and wooden plates.
- Ian Slade, Slade Snaps – A gifted photographer, Ian specializes in setting up and capturing photos of toys in real life scenarios.
- Carmen Ojeda, Bouquets for the Holidays – She handcrafts unique, beautiful paper flower bouquets and paper flower earrings.
- Adam Wanless, Binosaur Creations – From the first cut to the final stitch everything Adam makes is 100% handmade full grain leather, from bags to books and trinkets to toys.
- Delphine Peller, Delphine Peller Art – Delphine is a top mixed media artist. Through de-constructive and building processes, each canvas becomes its own story. Delphine is also known for her mini artworks.
- Barbara Clausing, The Painted Farmhouse – Barbara makes 100% soy wax candles with wooden wicks in a variety of scents and vessels and shapes.
- Indigo Lamb, Indigo Art Lessons – Not only is Indigo a gifted painter of Native American art, he works in a wide variety of media and styles. He has been an art teacher for over 15 years. As a special treat, Indigo will be giving mini art lessons to kids onsite on Saturday!
- Carissa Silwinski, Positively Lettering – Positively Lettering offers hand lettered artwork made to encourage and inspire!
- Yvonne King, Yvonne King Art – Yvonne offers watercolor paintings that highlights the beautiful, ordinary moments of life. Her art is currently the featured art at Wake Med North Hospital.
- Timea Kallai, Timea Kallai Art – Painting in acrylics, Timea paints restful yet vivid paintings. While embracing color, her art has a delicate feel to the viewer.
We know. It’s a lot to take in! Contact us anytime via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn @blackbirdbeernc, our online contact form, by phone at (919) 263-1955, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you in the taproom this week!