It’s Festival Season and the team at Blackbird Brewery is getting in on all the action! In addition to our giant Oktoberfest party on September 30th, we are joining Raleigh Beer Garden’s B-Autumn’s Up Festival September 23rd, Ursprung Oktoberfest Celebration at Wooden Robot in Charlotte also on September 23rd, and Blacktoberfest presented by Black Brew Culture in Durham on October 14th. You can learn details of each one of these beer festivals on the events page of our site or by clicking the links below.
- Blackbird Brewery’s Oktoberfest 9/30
- Raleigh Beer Garden’s B-Autumn’s Up Festival 9/23
- Ursprung Oktoberfest Celebration at Wooden Robot in Charlotte 9/23
- Blacktoberfest Presented by Black Brew Culture in Durham 10/14
In addition to all the festival action, our brewery is in high gear as we prepare to release quite a few new beers in the coming weeks. Stay tuned to the beer page for all the updates, but here are some of the highlights.
Beer Updates for September
- Yellow Submarine is back on tap and in cans!
- Perry’s Epiphany Hefeweizen is back in cans today and will be tapped in the next day or two.
- Jelly Boi and Kolsch are coming back within the next couple of weeks!
- Also in the next couple of weeks, we plan to release a Czech Dark Lager, a Pastry Stout with notes of toasted coconut, Oreos, and cheesecake, a Hazy Pale Ale that evokes flavors of peaches and nectarine, and a fresh-hopped IPA brewed with all strata hops within 24 hours of harvest (made for Court Shoes Only collaborative beer initiative)!
- In the later part of the month, we plan to release a pumpkin beer, a new West Coast IPA in the same family as “Where I Belong,” and two New Zealand-hopped beers: a Hazy IPA and a West Coast IPA.
Keep in mind, all the above-mentioned beers are coming out in addition to a few more that we aren’t releasing until closer to our Oktoberfest celebration. We hope you all are thirsty!
The taproom has all kinds of events going on all month long! Read on to get the highlights.
- Beer Class: We’ve added our second beer class 9/11: this time, our brewers will focus on the Lager program at Blackbird Brewery.
- Yoga: Unita Yoga returns to the taproom for a Sunday morning yoga class 9/17 at 10:30.
- Court Shoes Only: A percentage of our upcoming fresh-hopped IPA sales go to ACEing Autism programs. Click here to learn more about Court Shoes Only, a collaborative beer initiative.
- Blood Connection Blood Drive 9/19 3:00-8:00PM: Be a hero (and enjoy $60 rewards) and click here to grab your spot!
- Hammered Trivia: Later in the month, we’ve added Hammered Trivia to the Monday night lineup. They’ve got a great reputation and we are excited about the potential of getting a Monday night trivia crew established in the taproom!
- Regularly Scheduled Programming: We’ve also got Music Bingo on Tuesdays, Wine Flight Wednesdays, Run Club also on Wednesdays, and live music every Thursday night (plus Friday 9/1 and Saturday 9/30)!
Live Music Lineup for September:
- 8/31: Grace Lee
- 9/1: Little Red Birds
- 9/7: Duopoly
- 9/14 JT Parrothead
- 9/21: Tigerlily
- 9/28: Just Us
- 9/30: Adam Lee Decker
- 9/30: DJ Pangean
As with all things, we are constantly updating our beer list and taproom events. Please, refer to the beer page and events calendar for the most up to date information and don’t hesitate to DM us @blackbirdbeernc with any questions. We thank you all for being a part of our community; we look forward to celebrating beer festival season with you!