The Blackbird Brewery team would like to wish you a Happy Halloween! We had a great time celebrating with you last weekend and look forward to more celebrating this evening and on into the month of November. Read on to learn the winners of last weekend’s costume contests, how to download your pics, what beverages we’re serving up today, and what’s coming up in November.
Halloween-Themed Beverages Available All Day!
- Black Widow Hard Cider
- White Widow N/A Cider
- Omen Cabernet Sauvignon
- Hungry are the Damned Imperial Milk Stout with Coconut and Oreos
- Hell’s Canyon Idaho 7 Fresh Hop IPA
Halloween Costume Contest Winners
You all really brought it out this year! The Steam Punk crew took home the award for the Best Group, Emily the Corpse Bride won Best Makeup, Raggedy Ann the Most Creative, and Napolean walked away with the Best Performance. Now it’s time to start planning for next year!
Kearsten Leder took some amazing images of you all at the Beastly Brew Bash. Click here to download your photos. When prompted, use the PIN 6094.
We’ll be releasing our first of two holiday beers this week; be on the lookout for details coming soon! Also in the tanks this month, you can expect to see a new West Coast IPA, an experimental Hazy IPA, four high-gravity Hazies, two new porters (one classic and another with notes of peanut butter), a sour (made with dragonfruit, passionfruit, and hibiscus), a new Mexican lager with lime and sea salt, and just in time for Thanksgiving, we’ll release a Dunkel (5% amber lager that pairs beautifully with a turkey dinner). Last but not least, we’ve got the following beers returning to the taproom this month: Tuxedo at a Pool Party German Pilsner, Kolsch, and Perry’s Epiphany Hefeweizen. Check our Beer page for the latest updates!
- Friday Night Market 11/3: The Family Bee’s-ness Organic Farm in Franklinton, NC, brings local vendors to the beer garden.
- Amanda Wilson Paint & Sip 11/8: Amanda Wilson returns for her ever-popular paint & sip class; reserve your spot before it fills up!
- Camp Gladiator Workout 11/11: Join Trainer Amy W for a Brewery Workout! It’s completely free and all levels of fitness are welcome!
- Blood Drive 11/14: Sign up to be a hero for people like Charlie Galuten, his mother Jill, and co-owner Harmony VanGundy.
- Unita Yoga Friendsgiving Potluck: Eat, drink, and be grateful! Click here to sign up; 100% proceeds go to the Tri Area Ministry Food Pantry!
- Every Week: Hammered Trivia Mondays, Music Bingo Tuesdays, Wine Flights and Run Club Wednesdays, and live music on Thursdays!
Live Music this Month:
- Thursdays: Grace Lucia Lee (11/2), Angela and Will (11/9), Mike Edwards and Robert Turner (11/6), and Larry Karan (11/30)
- Friday 11/3: Just Jim
- Sunday 11/12: Sunday Jazz with Cam Cokas
- Saturday 11/18: Story Charlemagne
- Open early on Thanksgiving Day 1-10 PM
- Open early on Black Friday 12-11 PM
We’ll keep the cold beer on tap and events flowing so all you have to do is show up and have a good time! Stay safe tonight; we hope to see you all during the upcoming holidays!